Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Free Fall.......







I tied my shades with a rubber thread. They were Tommy Hilfiger and expensive.


My legs were tied so tight that I had to hop to reach the small enclosure attached to the hulk of the crane.

Suddenly with a jerk I started gaining height.

At the top I checked my harness again. As I turned around I could see the eagles flying in pure harmony. It was as if they were waiting for me to showcase my flying prowess. I spread my hands like an eagle and leaned forward into thin air. 3, 2, 1...........


Time stood still, the wind gushed around my face. I will never forget that feeling. I started enjoying the fall. It was pure bliss. Soon the bungee rope recoiled and I started moving up. I was catapulted up and I lost the sense of direction, the sky turned upside down. I was going up and then down again. The eelastic energy finally got converted into heat and I stopped oscillating like a YO –YO.

My first free fall made me feel strong yet weak, carefree yet concerned, but most of all it gave me an amazing rush that I had never experienced. The thrill came as much from the free-fall as from the rebounds

Bungee Jumping though is a sport that involves risks and people have died beacuse of inadequate precautions / faulty equipments . One should inspect the harness, the rope and undertake all other safety procedures before attempting a jump.

11 comments:

  1. finally u know how a bird feels....one question....is your back also given any support...r the ropes only tied to your legs?.do feel a jerk as soon as u reach the lowest point?.....you haven't mentioned that this was the same place which was in news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anji - The back is given some support too ( there is a strap that is tied around the hips and back). But the main rope is conects to a strap around the legs . You experience a jerk at the lowest point.That is actually as thrilling as the jump itself. I did not mention that news thing in this post . I would bring that up in a future post

    ReplyDelete
  3. the experience has been pretty well scripted .. good work

    btw where did u do this ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. as i have mentioned earlier , u r a complete adventure freak ... but the experience is scripted well... nice work keep going ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing man...seems to be thrilling and great experience :)...and well described too...keep posting and also achieving new heights!!! Is next Mount Everest? What do you say?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kansal - Thanks man.Next is trek to the top of Chandra Top in the Himalyas - 15000 feet above sea level. I am going there on the 6th May . I would love to trek to Mount Everest soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashita - Thanks for the encouragement

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prashant - I felt like an eagle that is nose diving at great speeds to catch a prey

    ReplyDelete